Tuesday 26 July 2011

14. Ian Rankin - Strip Jack


This week it was time for another one of Ian Rankin's books, namely Strip Jack. This is the fourth novel in the Rebus series and I quite like reading these novels two-by-two. I feel that I've had enough of Rebus for the next few weeks, but after the third book I felt like I needed more.

Strip Jack wasn't that interesting. It's about a Scottish MP Gregor Jack who is possibly set up when he visits a brothel. Not only does the media catch light of this event, his wife also disappears. That's another task for Rebus who must work himself through a web of famous Scottish people and their friends. It's something different from the life-threatening events from the previous books. But it's still Rebus and he's still my favourite modern detective (of course Holmes is higher on my favourite detective list).

I will pick Rebus up another time, but for now I think I might leave the whole detective genre for what it is because I've had my fair share of it. Also, I'm aware of the fact that I'm late. I'm on a holiday in the Netherlands. Bad excuse, I know. I will try to finish the next book by Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment