Thursday 23 June 2011

10. Roald Dahl - The Magic Finger


I have to admit that I'm cheating this week. I'm going to Sweden for the Midsummer Festival this weekend and I'm not sure how much I can read there. That's why I picked an extra short book that arrived by post today. I ordered the full box set of Roald Dahl's children's books and this week's pick was The Magic Finger. 

There's not much to say about this book. It took me ten minutes to read it. It's about a girl who, when she's upset, can use her magic finger to change the situation. In this story she is upset by the Gregg's because they shoot animals. This enrages her and she changes them to geese. It's a cute little tale, but nothing more than that. I wouldn't say it has a happy ending though and that's why I always kind of enjoy Dahl's books. They're cute horror stories for kids. To be honest Charlie and the Chocolate Factory still scares me. I think I should start reading that one soon as well... 

No comments:

Post a Comment