Tuesday 23 February 2021

Book Review: Lesley Kara - The Dare (published in 2021)

 


The Dare by Lesley Kara is quite a ride. 

I would call this a quiet thriller, but it's one that kept me glued to the page nevertheless. Unfortunately, the ending fell a bit flat for me, but that doesn't take away from the joy of reading it in the first place. 

I like coming across books whose authors are new to me. I haven't seen my Bookstagram friends mention this book, so I feel like I uncovered a bit of a gem. I wouldn't hesitate to pick up another one of Kara's books. 

The Dare is about Lizzie. Her friend died while they were out walking near the railroad. She remembers an argument but an epilepsy attack came on right before her friend's gruesome death. For years, people distrust her. 

When she's an adult she moves to London with her boyfriend Ross. She's happy she's able to leave her old life behind. That is... until someone from her previous life makes an appearance. 

Many thanks to the publisher Random House UK, Transworld Publishers and Netgalley for providing me with a copy of this book!

4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment