Sunday 27 May 2012

58. Suzanne Collins - Catching Fire


I can't say too much about this week's book, because it's the sequel to The Hunger Games I read last week. I don't want to give anything away that happened in the previous novel and therefore I can't describe any of the events in Suzanne Collins' Catching Fire

I can only tell you that it's well worth reading. It's completely different from the first book and it takes a few steps away from the actual Hunger Games spectacles (so its not so similar to the sequel to Battle Royale, apart from the rebellion). It was a sunny week in Edinburgh this week and this novel is a perfect read when you lie in the park and bask in the sun. 

I'm afraid I will be able to say much less about next week's novel because that's the last book in the trilogy, but I will be able to report if the trilogy as a whole is worth your time or if you should just wait for the films to come out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment