Wednesday 1 August 2012

66. E.L. James - Fifty Shades Darker


I rue my words so much.. Why did I say last week that I enjoyed reading E.L. James' book? I may have been high or something. Fifty Shades Darker is absolutely horrible! I can now see how this was inspired by Twilight though, but honestly... How much can the main character keep whining? He loves you! Stop thinking he doesn't. 

I would like to tell you the plot, but nothing happens. 350 pages, and nothing happens! It's this kind of thing over and over again:

"'I have spent all my adult life trying to avoid any extreme situation. Yet you... you bring out feelings in me that are completely alien. It's very...' He frowns, grasping for the word. 'Unsettling.'" (James 27)

Bravely I've been trying to compare this book to Wuthering Heights, but I can't anymore. Wuthering Heights is a romantic, tragic love story. This is... trash. 

No comments:

Post a Comment