Monday 30 April 2012

54. J. Eijkelboom - Wat blijft komt nooit meer terug: Eigen en andermans gedichten


A book which ensures there is no gap in my blog due to holidays. I'm in The Netherlands this week and next week I'll be in Egypt, which means that next week I should really be able to finish a decent sized book. What else is there to do in Egypt then sit in the sun and read books?

J. Eijkelboom's Wat blijft komt nooit terug: Eigen en andermans gedichten is a compilation of poems. I just had this lying around and to be honest I'm not very interested in Dutch poetry, so this collection did not really excite me. Some of the poems in this compilation are translations from Emily Dickinson and others. I don't really see the use of this, because if you would like poetry you should go through the effort in understanding them in English. And Eijkelboom should really just try to fill this tiny tiny booklet with his own works as opposed to other peoples'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment