Sunday 4 September 2011

20. Roald Dahl - Fantastic Mr Fox


Yes I cheated again this week. This morning I figured out that I wouldn't be able to finish Morton's book I'm reading now. It's too boring to read about 100 pages a day. But that's why I bought Roald Dahl's books. I saw this film a while back and I liked it so much that I figured Fantastic Mr. Fox should be great in book form as well.

And I must say that it's a really cute read. It's not completely similar to the film, but in this case it doesn't ruin the book. It's a bit simpler and less funny, but it's still a sweet story about a cunning Fox and his family, who are stuck in their holes because the farmers he always steals from are after him. Mr. Fox wouldn't be Mr. Fox if he didn't have a clever plan to make up for there new situation.

It's nothing special, it's still a kids' book after all. But it's much better than The Magic Finger by Dahl. I finished it within half an hour and that's also part of its charm. I hope that I manage to finish Kate Morton's book next week, because it would be embarrassing to post another Roald Dahl book next week... I'll try my best!

No comments:

Post a Comment