Monday 22 August 2011

18. Sharon Osbourne - Extreme: My Autobiography


Some easy literature this week to give my brain a little bit of rest after the last few weeks of "serious" novels. Sharon Osbourne's Extreme: My Autobiography is good regardless of anyone's expectations. I know that most people don't think much of this loud-mouthed woman, but after all the stories I've heard I became quite interested in her life. We all now those stories about Ozzy biting the head of a bat and Ozzy almost killing Sharon. Granted, most of these stories are related to Ozzy so maybe I should have started with his Autobiography. However, a view from a third party is quite refreshing. Although Sharon's book peeked my interest in this bizarre family, so I might keep on reading.

It's hard to describe in this short blog what Sharon Osbourne has been through throughout her life. I don't understand how someone can be so strong when writing about Ozzy and her violent relationship, her horrible bond with her father, cancer, numerous burglaries and lies from people who she thought she was close to. The story about Randy Rhoads almost made me cry and a second later some passages make me laugh. Reading this book is like riding a rollercoaster. It's thrilling and exciting with a few stops and sad moments when it's already over too soon. 

All I can say  at the end is that I'm genuinely happy that her life has worked out the way it has, after all her misfortunes she seems perfectly happy. Good for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment